Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tame Bloody @ Joe's Garage



After an exhausting day at Mall of America and a quick stop at my favorite Minneapolis men's boutique - MartinPatrick3 , I was in need of something to quench my insatiable thirst for bloody mary's. Seeing as I had in my possession a LivingSocial coupon for Joe's Garage, thats where I ended this rainy Tuesday afternoon. To tell the truth I think I expected too much and this bloody was not able to deliver. Despite really coming through on two major aspects, included beer chaser (although it tasted a little bottom of the barrel) and an appetizing garnish skewer, it really lacked in the spice department; in fact it had no spice at all! If you're someone whose tastebuds are a lil more tame than most bloody enthusiasts I know, than this could very well be your bloody. One thing that really excited me about this bloody though, was the inclusion of a pearly white cocktail onion, as I am particularly partial to onions of all shapes and sizes. It got me to thinking that I would really like to see red onions in a bloody.. recipe idea! stay posted for that!

This bloody came in at the very affordable price of 5$, so if no spice and pricepoint are important to you this could be your bloody, but not for me.


Although the bloody was an average joe, the food far surpassed it. I ordered the mashed potatoes a la carte with creamy chipotle sauce, asparagus, and grilled bratwurst. The dish was perfect with just enough garlic, just enough spice, and perfectly cooked asparagus, still a lil crunchy just how I like them! I also split the asian inspired chicken salad with my shopping partner and mother, we both really enjoyed the salad and a perfect portion to split!


No comments:

Post a Comment