Thursday, March 31, 2011

Detox Cheat Day Bloody @ Green Mill Uptown

Hello bloody enthusiasts,

I know it's been a while since we've last connected, but I've been on a health and academically motivated 10 day cigarette and alcohol detox program!!! It's been tough despite a few relapses and a cheat day or two, the detox has had a positive effect on my academic career, my sleep schedule , and my overall health! It was an interesting experience but I'm ready to get back to bloody adventures! In celebration of being out of detox I mixed up some deliciously spicy and perfectly over garnished hand-crafted-homemade bloody mary's and roasted up an 18lb turkey to share with friends!! (oh can't forget two chilly kegs of Busch Light) Another project I am going to be working on is a Bacon infused vodka, thinking of adding some fried red onions to the mix as well to add a lil complexity?? We'll see after a couple weeks of marinating!!

Now time for my latest bloody

Green Mill Bloody


I was meeting a friend in uptown for a bloody and some apps last Thursday, we met at Green Mill on Hennipen avenue which was her recommendation for a great spicy bloody, and oh was she right!! I was a lil hesitant to do a chain restaurant bloody, thinking that it couldn't be very good but, I was pleasantly surprised! this bloody was moderately spicy and would please someone who is just beginning to develop their taste and tolerance for spicy bloody's yet still spicy enough to please any spicy bloody lover!! Beer back included, now lets talk about garnishes, CHEESE !! This particular bloody was garnished with two 1 inch squared cubes of both cheddar and swiss cheeses, wrapped in salami and pepperoni slices, held together by a pickle on one end and an olive on the other! topped off with a half stalk of celery leaves and all, which made for a rather eye pleasing presentation!! (talk about some bloody eye candy) This is the first bloody i've tried in uptown and can't wait to try more, but I would definitely recommend the green mill bloody especially on a weekday afternoon, it was very quiet and a great place to grab a seat at the bar and have lunch and a bloody with a friend or two!!

Of course I have to mention the food, we ordered The nachos, spicy boneless wings, and CHEESE CURDS!! everything was really tasty, but the cheese curds were worth raving about! Lightly battered and fried served with marinara and spicy ranch sauce, served as quite a hefty portion and perfect for a tapas style lil lunch!!!

Stay tuned for some pics of the Bacon infused vodka!!



No comments:

Post a Comment